The dates of the KMF 2014 are 15th - 18th May.
You'll notice that the festival is only on for four days this year, Thursday to Sunday...Wednesday has been dropped. There's new management involved in the festival this year which unsurprisingly meant a hike in price to providers, though KR with their customary restraint have not passed this on; our charges remain the same as last year...£20 per walk. New management, I'm assured, means increased numbers attending the festival which will more than make up for increased charges...Hmmm.
I hope you're coming to the festival this year and here to whet your appetite is KR's programme for the four days. More fulsome information is available on the KMF website where, from 20 January, bookings can be made at... http://www.keswickmountainfestival.co.uk/activities/category/hike
Thursday 15 May.
1. Skiddaw's 7 Wainwrights...with Halle and Alison
2. Not the Fairfield Horseshoe...with Cathy
3. Cam Crag Ridge and Rosthwaite Fell... with Pete and Lyn
Friday 16 May.
4. Robinson, Hindscarth and Dale Head ridge...with Halle and Alison
5. Easdale Tarn and Blea Rigg...with Cathy
6. Buttermere to Keswick, over the tops...with Pete and Lyn
Saturday 17 May
7. Catbells and the Lakeshore...with Halle and Alison
8. Blencathra and Bannerdale Crags... with Cathy
9. Pavey Ark and the Langdale Pikes... with Pete and Lyn.
Sunday 18 May
10. Grisedale Pike...with Halle and Alison
11. Bessyboot and Glaramara...with Cathy. (Hike and Navigation)
12. The Dodds; Stybarrow Dodd to Clough Head...with Pete and Lyn
You can see pictures of all these walks by clicking on the list in the right hand column.
HR Passenger Tank... construction complete.
1 week ago