Tuesday 5 October 2010

What a windy day

We went up Robinson, Hindscarth and Dale Head today in awful driving rain and wind. The rain did become sporadic later, so much so that my overtrousers were on and off all day....But the wind never gave up; anyway it is good for the complexion to have that stinging effect and red rosy cheeks. We noted that the weather had put off many a would be hero on the fells. Only passed about 3 men all day, no other women to be seen at all except me...

Back in the cosy environs of the cafe at Honister, Robert bought me a very welcome cuppa, so thank you Robert, you are a gentleman. Pete and Bella came on the walk too because she always wants 'walkies' and he was trying out a new pair of Aku Vertigo boots he had just bought to replace his old Vertigo's which had not really been in fine fettle since leaving Skye in June.  Anyway, it was not a photography day but I did receive a wonderful photo of Bella from Judith recently which is the real reason for this post: ok I admit it, I just want to share a photo of my doggie again.....



But she is cute and turns heads all the time.

1 comment:

Lyn Armstrong said...

Incidentally, this photo is Bella taken on the ridge between Catbells and Maiden Moor with Derwentwater below.