Saturday 3 October 2009

Its been a while but.....our Broadband limit ran out

The trouble with Broadband is that you have an upload limit set by how much you can be made to pay each month by your provider and ours is a small limit.  So post about 10 piccies and update the blog say 3 times in a month and that uses it up very fast, because of course you also need to collect emails and use the internet.....Well the upshot is that sometimes we can't post even if we want to because we don't have the broad band capacity. So now its into October we can post again and I want to thank you for your patience because I know some of you faithfully follow this blog and look most days for new stuff and of course there wasn't any. I hope you will forgive us when these glitches occur, and speaking of trials and tribulations....

What an October it looks like being too if today was anything to go by. Gales, heavy showers, sun peeped through a couple of times and then back to lashing rain again...Luckily for our leaders, no one had a walk today because it would have been difficult seeing, walking and enjoying anything above 1000 feet.


But the sun does shine and I have some piccies from Cathy Colam to prove it. First up though you must meet her new doggie... This is a lovely photo of our new canine team member called Skye...He is pictured on Causey Pike and Cathy says this is his first walk up a proper mountain.


Next up she sent a photo of a group of you on top of Dollywagon Pike on 13th September when you walked over Helvellyn as well. I do not have a list of names but you know who you are... I see kira though..and I think I have walked with the man on the extreme right, he has a terrier too I think. Send me a comment if you can and let me know if my memory serves me right.


Now we have one last piccie today and this was the same walk showing a superb vista including Blencathra and Skiddaw taken from the Whiteside descent.

Pete and I are off to Braemar tomorrow for a sortie on a Munro or 2 or maybe more!  So until we are back, enjoy the hills and if you want to send comments or photos they will all be welcome. Cathy and David will be taking the next few walks out from the Moot Hall.

3 comments:

Tess said...

Broadband - love it or loathe it!! Ta for sharing the pics, love Skye! I adore blue merle border collies, used to have one called Mossie many moons ago, and they are such beauties.
Pity I won't be able to do any walks this month with you folks, but come next year I'll hopefully be able to.
Hope you two have a wonderful time in Scotland, and bag many monroes!

BilboWaggins said...

What lovely pictures, thanks Lyn.

I was going to ask if Skye was a blue merle but Beth has confirmed it - he looks beautiful and I hope to meet him before too long.

rita said...

I love Skye and hope to meet him again next week. I will bring some German dog food with me. Don't worry, Bella, I love you too, and of course the dog food is for both of you two!

That was a good day on Helvellyn wasn't it? What lovely pictures, Cathy, mine are not that good, as usual.

I see David the photographer, myself (the lady in red, lol), Ashley, Helen, Pamela, Val and another David. You are right Lyn, this David has a little dog. Max is a silver coloured Mini Schnauzer. He was with us on the Blencathra via Doddick Fell walk with David (David seems to be a quite common name in England?)and I've taken a photo of little Max in the ring!

Can't wait to come over again next week.

Have a wonderful time in Scotland and tell us about your Munros.

See you soon.